The Nic MacBean Cup is back in 2017 with all funds raised going directly towards beyondblue. The day was a tremendous success in 2016 with over $20k raised.

Once again the Nic MacBean All Stars will take on the 2018 BBC First XI squad in a T20 format cricket match starting from 1.00pm at John Noblet Oval at Brisbane Boys’ College. The Nic MacBean All Stars proved too good on the day in 2016; however, the BBC First XI are looking stronger than ever and hope to claim their first cup.

Nic was an avid cricket fan and the day is our way of paying tribute to a great man and a wonderful friend. Nic was also a strong supporter of charities such as beyondblue and it is a pleasure to partner once again with them to raise not only money but awareness of mental illness.

This year we have organised a post-match function at the newly redeveloped Wests Rugby Club from 6.00pm with more details to follow. If you can’t make the game then please come along to Wests and raise a glass for Nic.  There will be further updates and announcements over the coming weeks regarding (massive!) raffle prizes and the all-important team announcements.

Consistent with last year also we have set up an everydayhero page via https://give.everydayhero.com/au/nic-macbean-cup-2017 where you can donate to beyondblue if you so wish.

Thank you all in advance for your support and we hope to see you at some point on the day.